Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cup of Coffee from Bridgeport Bakery

Item Purchased: Cup of Coffee from Bridgeport Bakery
Location Purchased: Bridgeport Bakery / 2907 S. Archer Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.00 + tax

Review: Those of you who read the site regularly may want to get your tape recorders handy, because what I am about to say may shock you...

This may quite possibly be the worst cup of coffee I have ever had the displeasure to put into my mouth.

That's right... I said it. Bring on the Starbucks, Folgers or Starbucks/Folgers blend any day! This was quite offal (pun intended).

I appreciate a good cup of coffee, but I've also been known to enjoy a cup of watery swill more than the average bear.

Don't get me wrong, Bridgeport Bakery is good at doing what their name says they do... Bake! A coffeeshop, they are not. I've had lecture-hall vending machine coffee that tastes like it came from a silver pot when compared to this stuff.

BB's coffee is self-serve and sits in a diner-style glass pot atop a hotplate warmplate lukewarmplate room-temperature-plate by the entrance. After pouring it yourself and fixing it to your liking, if the smell doesn't hit you, the first sip will. Cold, bitter and watery with a bit of a dull cardboard aftertaste. Is this simply a leftover pot from last week's morning shift that got lost in the kitchen?

Oh the things I will do to wake up.

Never again. This was so bad, I had to buy a gutrot Coke to get the taste out of my mouth.

Stop in at Bridgeport Bakery for a pastry or bread loaf, but for your own good, stay away from that light brown liquid they call coffee.

Rating: .05 / 5



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home