Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Half Sandwich (Soprano) and Half Salad (Italian Chopped) from Massa

Item Purchased: Half Sandwich (Soprano) and Half Salad (Italian Chopped) from Massa
Location Purchased: Massa Italian Cafe / 807 W. Roosevelt Rd. / Chicago, IL
Price: $5.99 + tax

Review: I actually wanted to purchase the Caprese Salad from Massa today, but when the employees told me that they didn't have enough Mozzarella cheese to make it for me, I had to change my mind. I suppose running out of Mozzarella is a good sign for an Italian cafe. It means that business is good! Running out of Mozzarella, however, is high on my list of things an Italian cafe should never do. Fresh Mozzarella is expected. More importantly, fresh Mozzarella is loved... by me.

I'm not a big fan of chopped salads, but I wanted to try something new from Massa. Like G.I. Joe would say during the coke-addled eighties... Knowing is half the battle. Now I know that I definitely do not want another chopped salad from Massa as long as I live. I guess the other half of the battle is getting the aftertaste out of my mouth. All of the ingredients are fresh and tasty when eaten alone, but when you mix turkey, ham and salami together along with gorgonzola, greens and vinaigrette, the resulting taste is that of a pickled meat bomb that was just foraged from a field.

The sandwich half of my meal was tasty, but lacking. I should have realized when I was told that Massa was low on Mozzarella cheese, that they would skimp on my favorite part of this panini. Deep within the depths of salami, gardiniera and tomato was a sliver of cheese the size of a large toenail. I had to brush everything else aside.

Lesson learned. Steer clear of Italian restaurants when the Mozzarella is gone.

As another series of PSAs from the eighties said... The more you know.

Rating: 2.25 / 5



Visit the Forum! / Enter the Dec. 2006 Contest!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

was that the psa with the different celebrities that always ended with a little piano ditty and some starry nbc logo? a drug free campaign, if i remember correctly.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home