Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, February 19, 2007

Bag of Fresh Tortilla Chips from Mexico Steakhouse

Item Purchased: Bag of Fresh Tortilla Chips from Mexico Steakhouse Steakhouse
Location Purchased: Mexico Steakhouse / 2983 S. Archer Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.50 + tax
Purchased on: 02/17/07

Review: I've been known to rave about Chicago's El Ranchero Tortilla chips. They have been a staple in my households for years now. They are tasty, inexpensive and can hold their salsa. Bar none, El Ranchero makes the best tortilla chip to be found in any grocery store... Ever.

I stand by that opinion, but what I am about to say may shock you.

Mexico Steakhouse's tortilla chips are tastier, less expensive and, yes, even better.

I know what you are saying... "How can this be?"

I'll tell you how.

You can't find these chips at your local grocery. Made fresh daily and served as a complimentary appetizer, Mexico Steakhouse on Archer will sell you a bag for a buck and a half if you ask them, but they're not coming to you. For chips this good, you have to go to them.

Oily, crisp and full of natural flavor, the salting of the chips is up to you. Each bite packs a crunch unlike any you can get from a snack food that has been sitting in a bag on a storage shelf for months. These crisp corn delights are kept warm from the time they are made until they land in your lucky, lucky hands. "How's their salsa tensile strength," you may ask? Well, they wouldn't win in a contest against El Ranchero, but unless you are more thrifty than I am and are using tortilla chips as a replacement for spoons, they'll do just fine.

It has taken me a while to find a neighborhood treasure close to my current residence. Now that I have, it is even better than expected since I am able to take a delicious little piece of it home with me.

Rating: 4.8 / 5


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home