Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Friday, December 15, 2006

From the Forum - A Clean Buy

Talking point from the forum:

While sipping my coffee this morning, I noticed this:

I've seen napkin advertising before, so this didn't shock me. I did get to wondering, however, if anyone has ever been influenced by this kind of advertising. Has someone out there been wiping the mayo slurp from their lips and thought, heyyyyy.... I really need to buy the second season of Boston Legal on DVD?I know I haven't, but I don't watch Boston Legal. Maybe if it was an ad for Black Books, I might have given pause to the coffee stained sales pitch.

What about you? Have you ever knowingly or unknowingly been directly influenced by a napkin ad? How about one of those ads they put on the cardboard grip rings around coffee cups? How often do you think about your entertainment purchases while scarfing down a sandwich or during tea time?

Visit the Forum! / Enter the Dec. 2006 Contest!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a collection of coffee sleeves right now, and I couldn't tell you what's advertised on any of them, other than a Jeep on one. The only reason I remember the Jeep (I think) is because the sleeve appeared to have nothing on it until the heat from the coffee changed the color and revealed the image. At least I think that's what happened. If not, then it made no sense at all.

But it's not like I went out and bought a Jeep, or some cosmetic surgery that was advertised on another one. Sometimes I will go online to see "the rest of the story" but in most cases, if there's a glint of what it's about, it's not influencing my purchase decisions at all.

--Chris

Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home