Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Friday, December 15, 2006

Breakfast Sandwich from Bridgeport Coffee House

Item Purchased: Breakfast Sandwich from Bridgeport Coffee House
Location Purchased: Bridgeport Coffee House / 3101 S. Morgan St. / Chicago, IL
Price: $3.25 + tax

Review: I live equidistant from Bridgeport Coffee House and a Dunkin' Donuts. Those of you who have read the site for a while may remember that I was somewhat addicted to DD's Breakfast Sandwiches, but when given the choice, I'd take this handmade creation any day. Though similar, the ingredients used at Bridgeport Coffee House are not kept in single-wrap modules and filed in drawers, but in refrigerators and on the counter like they would be in your kitchen (well, maybe not your kitchen... I see that ramen cupboard). You get to choose from four types of cheeses, three types of bagels and a plethora of toppings for your sandwich. I chose cheddar, bacon, eggs and tomatoes for mine. Like Dunkin' Donuts, the sandwich is microwaved to warm it up, but Bridgeport Coffee House takes the time and care to put the tomatoes on after the nuking. This small step gives this inexpensive sandwich a fresh taste that is rare in the convenience breakfast sandwich world.

I'm not sure where else I can score a fresh and tasty breakfast for $5.00 in Chicago. I'm not sure I need to worry about it, though. I'm just a short walk from this great neighborhood cafe, and I like it that way.

Rating: 4.25 / 5

Visit the Forum! / Enter the Dec. 2006 Contest!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the eggs precooked in a little disc that gets microwaved also? I hate that. There is a Great American Bagel store near me that uses pasteurized eggs from a milk carton-like container, then microwaves those. They're light and fluffy and much less hockey puckish. It's still a microwaved egg, but the difference is immense. I don't know why DD and all these other places don't do that. Maybe just because they'd have dishes to wash (the cup the egg was cooked in) rather than throwing away a microwaveable egg tray.

I have to say, the sandwich looks tasty, but I wonder about the eggs. The eggs make all the difference to me.

--Chris

Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home