Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, October 22, 2006

Vanilla Malt from Potbelly Sandwich Works

Item Purchased: Vanilla Malt from Potbelly Sandwich Works
Location Purchased: Potbelly Sandwich Works / 190 N. State St. / Chicago, IL
Price: $2.69 + tax

Review: Wow! My girlfriend takes me out to see King Lear and all I can do in return is take her out to Potbelly Sandwich Works for a pre-theatre dinner. What kind of horrible boyfriend am I? I'm the kind of boyfriend who worked every day this weekend and was going to take his girlfriend out to Petterino's only to find that they were too busy to accomodate us. So, Potbelly's it was!

I wasn't too hungry and (to be honest) was already gassy from what I had eaten earlier in the day. I didn't want to push it with a 3.5 hour live theatre production ahead of me so I decided to just get something to drink. Unfortunately for the audience members near me, I can't resist a triple-thick malt from Potbelly's. Hell, being in Chicago, the birthplace of both malted milk and malted milkshakes, I can't resist a malt at all. Potbelly's, however, makes malts and shakes so thick you could eat them with your fingers like they were jars of peanut butter. There is just something about real ice cream with a little bit of liquidity and a lot of flavor challenging me to resist that makes me... well... fail...

Of any chain restaurant (national or local) Potbelly's makes the thickest and tastiest I have ever had. Real ice cream instead of the soft server yogurt you get most other places turns this inexpensive after-dinner exercise into a delight. Thickness and supreme malty flavor makes it essential.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home