Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Friday, October 20, 2006

Oct. 20th - Weekly Buy Nothing Day

It's cold out there in the world of credit. Makes you want to stay inside. Makes you want to hide. Me? I'm going to throw open that door as if I were in a 1950s musical, run out of the door singing and feel unencumbered by a wallet or wad of cash (then, I will probably realize that everyone is staring at me like I am some kind of lunatic, light a cigarette and calmly walk on my way).

The thing is, once a week, I actively realize and appreciate that I have everything I need. Food, shelter, friends and even some entertainment. My bike takes me from here to there and the pad of paper and pen in my pocket gives my ideas life. No shopping mall or bar can do that for me.

Try something different this weekend. Buy nothing for one complete day. Just to see if you can. Just to realize how good you have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home