Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Friday, September 22, 2006

From the Walk, Don't Run...Okay, Run... Just Don't Drive department:

September 22nd is World Carfree Day! Many of you know that I bike almost everywhere. Lately, I've been using my girlfriend's car to go to and from work because my bicycle is minorly busted (brake won't stop rubbing up against the front wheel! Arggghh!). I've been feeling guilty as all getout about it, but today's holiday is bringing me back to my roots. The World Carfree network's website has all sorts of interesting information about the World Carfree movement and today's holiday. I am hoping this holiday has caught on and is so widespread that when I leave my apartment today, I see nothing but bicycles, pedestrians and other human-powered mobility on the Chicago streets. To paraphrase Critical Mass, Happy Carless Friday! (World Carfree Network)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home