Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Consumatron.com's 1st Anniversary Party Is Only 20 Days Away!


The Consumatron.com 1st Anniversary Party is only 20 days away and to say I am nervous would be a gross understatement. Most of the pieces are falling into place just the way they should be, but there are a few loose ends that perhaps you could help me with. Here is the relevant information:

CONSUMATRON.COM - 1ST ANNUAL REVUE

In celebration of Consumatron's first arbitrary block of time as a daily weblog, I have decided to throw a party for it... And you! More than just a celebration of one man's attempt to review everything he purchases, this is a celebration of some of the best Chicago talent I have come to know. In fact, there will probably be very little mention or talk of shopping or reviewing at this event. There will be an array of performers and creative types for you to feast your eyes on and converse with though. Hopefully you will be one of them.

Scheduled to Perform:

-Charles Blackstone (author of The Week You Weren't Here)-
-Dan Solomon (poet and spoken word performer)-
-Russell Williamson (stand up comedian)-
-Lord Of The Yum Yum (one man beat-box/scat orchestra)-
-Adam Fitz (singer/songwriter with more than enough soul in his voice)-

-w/set break silence filled by the sounds of DJ Oh Shinobi-

Also not to be missed:

-Live action cartooning and art booth manned by Peter Klockau-
-Stuff to buy...and maybe even barter for-
-Prize raffle to benefit 826 Chicago-

All this and more for only $5.00!

-October 15th, 2006-
-Subterranean-
-2011 W. North Ave.-
-Chicago, Illinois-
-Doors open @ 8:00 PM, Festivities @ 8:30 PM-
-Get your tickets online now!-

I'd be thrilled if you all came out and said hi! My suggestion is to show up early so you don't miss a thing. Since it is only $5.00 to get in, you will have plenty to spend on beer and tips for the fantastic folks who work at SubT. They deserve it!

And more?

Well, that's up to you. I'm still looking for local artists and creative types with handmade products to set up shop on the night of this event to peddle your wares. The idea is inexpensive, creative and impassioned. I am also looking for any donations for the raffle. 826 Chicago is not sponsoring me in any way. I simply believe what they do is a good thing and believe that with more programs geared toward helping children become better writers and communicators, we'll somehow arrive at a more informed and interesting world.

Anybody interested in setting up shop or donating something to raffle off (gift certificates, local services, music, movies, etc...), please contact me via e-mail at consumatron[@]consumatron[.]com.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure my last post went through- it kind of disappeared. You reviewed several Trader Joe products, all (that I read) were very positive. Are you spokesman for Trader Joe? You mentioned you want advertisers. Advertisers are going to want you to review their products in a positive way. How will we know that your reviews are honest and unbiased then? Just wondering; I think the real success of this blog depends on staying away from advertisers.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:50:00 AM  
Blogger Dreyfuss said...

Just read the story about you and the blog in the Trib and had to check the site out, and it looks good.
Congrats!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks Dreyfuss...

As for the comment from anonymous... How often do you go out grocery shopping to buy a range of items you don't like? When I go to the store to stock up on food items, I am going to primarily buy things I have tried and enjoyed before or items that seem similar to others I enjoy.

As for advertisers... The primary goal of the site is not to get advertisers. I offer an honest opinion and meditation on my every day purchases in hopes that the site entertains and maybe just maybe makes people think more about the everyday and mundane. I'm not going to change my format or opinion if Trader Joe's advertises with me...

My dream sponsor would be Starbucks... a company whose products I can barely stomach. Because, really, how poetic would that be to have someone know I am reviewing them badly and still support what I am doing?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home