Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Consumatron.com in the Chicago Tribune Today!

tick... tick... tick...

I'm not sure if that's the sound of my alarm clock winding down or a few minutes of my fifteen ticking away.

The Chicago Tribune published a story by Colleen Mastony about Consumatron.com on the front page of the Tempo Section today. I always feel skeezy saying "look at me," but give it a read. I'm still in a bit of shock that the Tribune found my site interesting enough to do a feature story on. Thanks Colleen!

Hello to everyone checking out the site via the Tribune article! I hope you find something of interest here. Leave a comment or write an e-mail because it's the dialogue that makes blogging such an interesting medium. You might also want to read the FAQ. Or you might just want to spill your morning coffee all over my (printed) face. That's cool too.

Also, please don't neglect Mediatron, the side-blog where I review items such as movies, books and music. I spend more time on those reviews, so there are fewer of them, but they are my babies. You don't want to neglect my babies, do you?

(Chicago Tribune)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just finished reading the Tribune article and was inspired enough to come on to the website to check it out. I'll certainly be back to check out the Trader Joe's reviews. I'm new to that place and this will give me a big head start to figuring out what is worth buying. Thanks for the blog, have it bookmarked now on my Mac under the Safari heading "Shopping".

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks for reading Java Diva...

New posts usually go up at the beginning and end of each day. I work six days a week and I can't let my employers find me blogging at work, y'know? :)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to ask: how many papers did you buy, and will there be a review? :D

Congrats on the press. As a long-time reader, you deserve it. See you on the 15th at Subt.

Chris

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks Chris! And Thank you for being one of my long-standing readers!

I haven't purchased any papers yet today, but I've been given a few. I will probably buy a few more for family members. If I do, I'll make mention of it, but probably won't review it. I know it breaks with the site norm, but reviewing your own review is just an asshat thing to do, no?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Vidya said...

Hi Kevin,
Heard about you today, or rather read. Yeah, I did spill a little cereal on you, but I am sure you dont mind, what's wet mug amongst so many other printed ones..Good to know about the reviews (esp. about lettuce,..snicker...now I can say it comes recommended when I refuse to eat it..;-)!.hahha)..will be keeping in touch now..Have fun.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I just found your site by way of the C.T., actually. I read a little bit into your archives, and I tend to agree with you on most points...

The whole 'Doritos' name brand brouhaha came out of some remark someone wrote or said somewhere...I don't know it immediately but I promise to look it up. And you can tour a Doritos factory in-I think Virginia, but I'm not sure.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ugh... I don't think I could take a tour through a Doritos plant. That scent that wafts up when you crack open a fresh bag is somewhat alluring in small doses, but could you imagine inhaling that stench for a full hour and a half?

Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:31:00 PM  
Blogger HopefulLeigh said...

Read the article and couldn't help but wish I'd thought of this idea first:) Thanks for a good laugh!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks for reading hopefullsw! The very fact you are doing so pleases me to no end. The fact I made you laugh only adds to it!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved It!!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out about your site through the Tribune, and I just wanted to say that I really love what you're doing and I can't wait to read more of your reviews. I've read a few of your older ones, and they're great. I didn't have time to leave a comment here yesterday, but I noticed that you visited my xanga today, so I thought I'd stop by and say hi.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home