Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Tuesday, September 26, 2006

3 Copies of the Sept. 26th Chicago Tribune Newspaper

Item Purchased: 3 Copies of the Sept. 26th Chicago Tribune Newspaper
Location Purchased: Barbara's Bookstore / 1218 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.50 w/tax ($0.50 ea)

Review: Heh.. yeah right... You actually think I would review this? I bought these papers because reporter Colleen Mastony wrote a feature about yours truly and Consumatron.com.

I don't think I need to say that there is a feeling of excitement and bewilderment that comes with having a feature story written about you, so I wanted to have a few extra copies to give to friends and family and save for myself. In addition to the one copy that was given to me and an extra copy I found on a bench near the Halsted Orange Line train station, I upped my cache to five.

I could say all sorts of things about print versus electronic media and the different categories of news. I could analyze Mastony's article word for word and tell you where the context seems crystal clear or muddied. I could talk about facts and angles. I could do all of that, but I won't. Doing all of that would probably make me one of the largest assholes to keep a blog.

Instead, I will simply say thank you, Colleen. I am honored that you took an interest in my work, took the time to write the feature and were able to get your editors to approve it. Thank you.

Rating: What kind of egotistical attention-whore do you people think I am?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the article in the Trib & decided to check out your site. Enjoyed it very much. Keep up the good work.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jerome said...

I must say I found out about you through the Tribune article as well- very interesting! I'll definitely be checking it out more often!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger misreall said...

"What kind of egotistical attention-whore do you people think I am?"

The really nice kind.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home