Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lychee Green Tea w/Tapioca Balls from Mountain View Chef

Item Purchased: Lychee Green Tea w/Tapioca Balls from Mountain View Chef
Location Purchased: Mountain View Chef / 2168 S. Archer Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $2.65 + tax

Review: I've heard rumors that you can finish a trip to Chinatown without getting a tea drink from Mountain View Chef restaurant, but I'll be damned if I ever have.

Mountain View Chef, located in the large outdoor/indoor strip mall that is Chinatown Plaza is one of the most reliable for value, quality and selection of bubble and other styles of Chinese dessert tea drinks. Usually I purchase a frozen bubble tea, but this time I opted for a simple iced green tea with sweet lychee flavoring and tapioca balls. In addition to the sugary slime of the tapioca, were chunks of lychee fruit free floating near the bottom of the tea, waiting their turn to travel up the extra wide straw included with my drink.

The one thing I wondered while sipping this refreshing tea was something I often wonder while in Chinatown. Why hasn't lychee caught on as a popular everyday fruit here in America. Wikipedia says that over-consumption of the fruit may cause dry lips, nosebleeds, pimples and mouth ulcers. Maybe that is the reason.

I'll still eat 'em though. I love my lychees. Especially in an iced tea drink from Chinatown...

...with tapioca, of course.

Rating: 3.75 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home