Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, August 20, 2006

Healthy Choice Chicken With Rice Soup (15 oz.)

Item Purchased: Healthy Choice Chicken With Rice Soup (15 oz.)
Location Purchased: Dominick's / 3140 S. Ashland / Chicago, IL
Price: 2.45 + tax

Review: I'm not sure if it was the shopping in the rain or the stress of trying get in touch with several people only to be met with no callbacks or returned e-mails. Whatever the cause, I was sick today! Sore throat, queazy stomach, sleep-on-the-couch-while-watching-PBS sick! Between naps, I managed to make it down the road on my bike to pick up some soup and solid food so I wouldn't dehydrate in addition to throbbing. I'm not so sure of the actual curative properties of canned chicken soup anymore in this age of factory farming, but the childhood psychosomatic myth has stuck with me. Healthy Choice's website claims that our health is all about the choices we make, though the choices they seem to be focussing on are the ones that involve fat, calories and added sodium. They say nothing about where their ingredients come from.

Regardless, I was illin' and just needed the placebo of chicken broth across my lips to make me feel better. The one thing I noticed immediately about this soup was that the vegetable chunks (celery and carrots) were surprisingly crisp for floating in broth since they had been canned. The rice and broth weren't too salty and lived up to the promises made on Healthy Choice's website, but the chicken was anything but fresh. Nearly falling apart at a glance, the chicken chunks were spongy and bland. This could have been from soaking in liquid for so long, but this soup would have been a lot better without the actual chicken pieces.

Rating: 2 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home