Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Friday, July 21, 2006

July 21st - Weekly Buy Nothing Day

Put that mony back in your billfold! Just for one day! You don't need that new CD or old record. You are wearing pants so why buy a new dress? You are eating a sandwich, do you really need that bag of chips? No.

Think of it as a financial sabbath. All week long you spend money without thinking. Don't you need a day of rest? A reset? A relaxing change in your habits or just some time to take stock of why you do what you do day after day?

I'd like to push this further. See, almost every time I participate in a weekly buy-nothing day, I may not be spending, but I usually am working... Making money. I know that making money represents everything that is right and good in this world nowadays, but I need a break from it. I need a day to think and meditate, to brainstorm and create.

I may not be a religious man, but ask your local god-fearing neighbor when the last time they took an actual sabbath from spending or making was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home