Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, June 18, 2006

Queso de Cabra from Cafe Iberico

Item Purchased: Queso de Cabra from Cafe Iberico
Location Purchased: Cafe Iberico / 739 N. LaSalle Dr. / Chicago, IL
Price: $5.95 + tax

Review: Queso de Cabra is my favorite dish to order at any tapas restaurant. It works good as an appetizer and continues on through the meal as a dip that everyone returns to with whatever other tapas they may have in hand.

Queso de Cabra consists of A large disc of baked goat cheese swimming in the center of a large bowl of hot tomato basil sauce. It is served with a side of five or six toasted garlic bread slices, but this is never enough. Make sure you have a full bread basket when you order this dish. Spoon this dip on your other tapas! Eat it like a soup. Just don't leave any of this stuff on the table when you are done.

Iberico's tomato basil sauce happens to be the most fragrant and strongly flavored that I have tasted at any of the four tapas restaurants I have visited in my life. The goat cheese melts upon touch and again upon meeting your dirty mouth. Enjoy it. Curse out loud at how good it is. I did.

Rating: 4.75 / 5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will agree 1000% on the Queso de Cabra. Cafe Iberico os good, but in the western burbs, I will settle for it at Brokkfield Zoo, at a restaurant of theirs called Bocaditos.

There: I said it. My name is Chris and I like the food at Brookfield Zoo.

--Chris

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home