Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bombay Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders from WOW Cafe and Wingery (4pc.)

Item Purchased: Bombay Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders from WOW Cafe and Wingery (4pc.)
Location Purchased: WOW Cafe & Wingery / 717 West Maxwell St. / Chicago, IL
Price: $5.99 + tax

Review: So, I buckled and went to WOW again to get some overpriced chicken strips. This time, I opted for a 4pc. instead of the 6pc and instead of their tossers, I opted for the tenders. All this really means is that I had to apply the Bombay Coconut Curry sauce myself instead of having the professional sauce tosser in WOW's kitchen do it for me. This option saved me $0.50 and even though the cost per tender was less this time, I still think $6.00 for 4 chicken strips is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on fried chicken. The taste and quality of the tenders are exactly the same as the tossers, but I think you get a little less sauce than when you have them douse your chicken in your choice. Of course, this time I did the smart thing and ordered a different side than the ass-awful fries WOW serves up... Texas Toast! The toast was lightly browned, lightly buttered and taken lightly like a joke from your Uncle who you only see once every three years. The two slices of typical store-bought Texas Toast bread was nothing special, but in comparison to the fries I had last time, this is reason enough to give WOW's tenders a full point more than my last review.

Rating: 3 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home