Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Thursday, May 25, 2006

Old Bay Seasoning With Garlic & Herb (2.62 oz.)

Item Purchased: Old Bay Seasoning With Garlic & Herb (2.62 oz.)
Location Purchased: Dominick's / 1340 S. Canal St. / Chicago, IL
Price: $2.49 + tax

Review: Ahh.. Old Bay! A fine mixture of celery salt and a gazillion other spices and herbs. I put this stuff on everything. The only reason I have never reviewed Old Bay on Consumatron before is because when I had an apartment, we always had an ample amount of this greatest of condiments on hand. My roommate and I used it on everything from soup to popcorn to pizza. Don't even think of making a Bloody Mary without it!

Yes, my love for Old Bay is infinite. If there is one staple in my diet, Old Bay is it. However, due to shoddy research, I never knew there were variations on the classic. Thanks to the fancy Dominick's on South Canal, my world has been cracked open wide and I have been enlightened. Doubtful that you could ever improve on the original, I was minding my own business, shopping for produce when an endcap boasted this delight and stopped me in my tracks. The salty wonderment of Old Bay... Plus garlic and even more herbs?! My stars and garters! I never thought I would be carrying a shaker of spice with me at all times during my wandering from couch to couch, but the next time I stop for a Polish sausage at Jim's, I will smile toothy-like and reach into my backpack to retrieve this travel-sized metal can of New England taste.

Even before putting any of this on your food or into your mouth, the garlic is apparent in the scent. Vampires beware and foodstuffs prepare! This guy's got Old Bay in his arsenal and he's not afraid to use it! I might even like this variation more than the original.

Rating: 4.75 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home