Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, May 29, 2006

Jade Noodles from Thai Bowl

Item Purchased: Jade Noodles from Thai Bowl
Location Purchased: Thai Bowl / 1049 W. Taylor St. / Chicago, IL
Price: $6.95 + tax

Review: After joining my girlfriends' parents for a cookout complete with meats of all kinds last night, I couldn't even think of ingesting another meat product. I especially couldn't fathom eating a cheap turkey sandwich from 7-Eleven, so I snagged my friend Pete into ordering some Thai food with me. He ordered duck. I made sure to order nothing but vegetable products to recover from the thick ribeye and sausage I still have floating around in my gut. When I called Thai Bowl, the woman on the phone only offered me a choice of chicken, beef or shrimp. I had to bring up the subject of bean curd for tofu to even be expressed. I wonder if it is just that younger American males are expected to choose a meat product rather than go the vegetarian route?

Regardless, after a short bike ride to and fro, I cracked open my plastic sealed lunch. For $6.95, Thai Bowl gives you an immense helping of food. Jade noodles is a simple dish consisting of thick spinach noodles, bean sprouts, a small amount of garlic, eggs and a mild chili sauce. All of it fried and tossed together makes for a filling and economical lunch.

Just don't order the crab!

Rating: 3.75 / 5

1 Comments:

Blogger dejamo said...

How did I miss this post? Thai Bowl's Jade Noodles with tofu is one of my all-time favorite cheap-fast lunches.

And I don't think it's because you're a younger American male that tofu wasn't even considered as an option--I think it's just because you're an American, period.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home