Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Friday, May 26, 2006

From the Streetside Museums department:

Vanessa Huffman of the Buffalo News has a short opinion piece about the allure of garage sales. With the weather finally approaching spring-like conditions here in Chicago, I can't wait to hit a yard sale or two. Mostly I don't buy because I am a cheap and frugal guy, but I love wandering around looking at all of the stuff people have amassed. Another good place to do this is in the new book by Marilynn Gelfman Karp, In Flagrante Collecto. We just got this book in at the bookstore where I work and I spent too much time the last two days paging through it and thinking about my own collector tendencies. Much like Vanessa Huffman refers to garage sales, this book is like a museum of people's lives. (Buffalo News)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just wanted to wish you happy garage sale hunting. I'll have to check out the book you mentioned. Take Care, Vanessa Huffman

Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home