Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Saturday, April 08, 2006

Weekly Buy Nothing Day! - Apr. 8th

In addition to working two jobs, I also pick up freelance projects here and there when I can. I have two of these jobs pending, an upcoming move to think about and a Mt. Fuji-sized pile of dishes to wash in my sink. Needless to say, stress is mounting.

A lot of people use a shopping spree to relieve the stress that life can mount on, but I usually find that impulsively buying things I don't really need or even want just adds more stress in the future (like on moving day). As much as I really want to head over to the WLUW record fair today, I've decided to take a breather and organize many things I am lucky to already have in my life today.

Instead of buying something, I am buying nothing today and am going to concentrate on catching up with some news, cleaning up and just plain relaxing.

As well as organizing, I'll be listening. If you want to hear some good commentary on organizing and life in general, may I suggest these podcasts:

43 Folders - Short and simple ruminations on organizing and making sense of the clutter that is life.
Penn Jillette - Honest, no-holds-barred commentary on everything from atheism to juggling from the talking half of my favorite magician team.

See you all tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home