Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Small Peppermint Tea from Caribou Coffee

Item Purchased: Small Peppermint Tea from Caribou Coffee
Location Purchased: Caribou Coffee / 1328 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.30 + tax

Review: The weather is warming up and the sun is staying out, so that means its time for me to try and shape up a bit for the summer. As a part of my feel-good plan, I've begun smoking less and cutting down on caffeine. I don't think life adheres to strict rules, so I am not going to say I'm limiting myself, but I've managed to drink only two cups of coffee (down from over a pot) and smoke only five cigarettes (down from over half a pack) a day for the past few days. I do love my hot drinks though. That is why I decided to get a peppermint tea today.

Peppermint tea is simply an infusement of hot water and peppermint leaves, so there is no actual tea in most peppermint teas and, therefore, no caffeine. I find that drinking peppermint tea through the spring and autumn months help with my lingering hayfever as well, since peppermint is known to be a mild muscle relaxant. I'm also sure that my breath smells better after drinking a cup of peppermint tea than it does after I down a cup of heavily creamed and sugared coffee.

Caribou Coffee uses loose leaf teas, but I'm not sure that really matters as much with peppermint tea. The taste of the resulting liquid is strong and refreshing, leaving no need for cream or sugar. Just pure and natural, uncaffeinated minty flavor.

I'm a firm believer that a man without vices is a man you can't trust, so don't go thinking I've given up mine. Periods of moderation help a person to savor their experiences that are normally taken for granted. Savor your vices. Everything in moderation, even moderation.

Rating: 4 / 5

3 Comments:

Blogger dejamo said...

Hey, you stole my motto!

I should sue your ass.

Or give you a good talking to.

Ah, what the hell. Enjoy it.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a man without vices is a man you can't trust" - however, o great consumatron, we STILL can't trust thou, even with all your vices.
what gives?

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger dejamo said...

The fault lies in your logic, o grasshopper. Just because you can't trust a man without vices doesn't mean you *can* trust a man *with* 'em.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home