Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Saturday, March 25, 2006

Weekly Buy Nothing Day! Mar. 25th

I had a fantastic and hectic night at work last night. Haven't made that much money since summer when out outdoor patio is open. I'd like to thank the family who left me a one hundred percent tip and give a big shout out to my large party of art teachers from Michigan who allowed me to shamelessly promote Consumatron.com last night! You guys were great, I hope you have a fantastic time while you are here in Chicago!

After having such a good night, I'm always tempted to go out and splurge on something the next day, whether it is a fridge-filling grocery store jaunt or some serious time digging through the bins at my local record stores.

I can't think of a better time to impose a buy nothing day on myself to give myself a bit of a buffer to think about what I should do with my money. It's also a good time for me to catch up on some reading and start packing up some of my stuff in preparation for the move I will be making soon. Who wants to fight the Chicago crowds on the weekend anyway. There are better places to be than the Magnificent Mile on a Saturday. Maybe I'll even dust off my camera and finish that old roll of film that's been inside since August.

For other, more insightful, ruminations on living on less and curbing impulsive buying, check out the blog, Living On Less, written by an individual who seems to be finding herself in the midst of suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome.

Consumption continues (as it always does) tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home