Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cordon Bleu Omelette from Golden Apple

Item Purchased: Cordon Bleu Omelette from Golden Apple
Location Purchased: Golden Apple Restaurant / 2971 N. Lincoln / Chicago, IL
Price: $6.25 + tax

Review: I will be honest with you. It took me a couple of minutes to work out in my head why this omelette had no chicken in it. When I think cordon bleu, I think chicken. While I was working through this logical conundrum, I ordered this dish. Ham, Swiss cheese and hollandaise sauce folded inside of three fried eggs? Sounded good to me, chicken or not. It was only during my second cup of coffee and third bite of this creamy egg concoction that I realized that the egg was the chicken. Who knew, that all I had to do was turn toward philosophy to make sense of breakfast?

Forgive me, I am mentally slow in the morning.

Served with hash browns and a side of toast, this meal is what you would expect for $6.25. My only complaint is that the hollandaise sauce tasted as if it was made with sour milk. I don't think there was anything dire about the slathered topping. The sour taste probably came from an abundance of lemon juice. I wouldn't say it was a bad omelette, but I also don't know if I would give the Golden Apple's hollandaise another shot at proving itself to me.

Rating: 2.5 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home