Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

So, today's the day when everyone stands in line to buy roses and greeting cards written by retired women from Arkansas. We exchange gifts and kisses and heart-shaped boxes full of candies in hopes that something reciprocal comes our way. The average American male spends close to $100 every year on this Hallmark holiday whether they have a signifigant other or not.

Heart shaped boxes full of candy are for chumps... Remember that ladies.

I'll be damned if I'm going to give in to this ritual of consumerism and shallow attempts at showing my affection.

...

Okay, I'm lying. I'm a sap. Always have been. Always will be. It's hard to let it show, but I try in the ritual childish way to do so by attempts at originality.

Truth is, this is the first V-Day I remember being confident and happy instead of feeling sorry for myself or nervously buying a gift for someone whose feelings may be less than mutual.

And I have my wonderful girlfriend to thank for that.

To my favorite person and most loyal reader:

Thank you Michaelia, for being a part of my life.

---

For those of you who began drinking when you woke up today, maybe this will cheer you up: Too Much Coffee Man.

And since you are all going to shun me for my sappiness today, reviews will return tomorrow. Hope you all have an alright day whether you have a valentine or not.

Image from Achewood.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home