Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Saturday, February 18, 2006

Consumatron's First Investigative Purchase

Chicago has been awarded the fattest city award by Men's Fitness Magazine. What is Starbucks doing about it? Glad you asked! It just so happens that they are making Chicago one of their test markets for their new Chantico-inspired chocolate drinks. For those of you who never tried the Chantico, it was/is a hot chocolate drink equivalent to what happens when you put three Hershey bars in a cup and microwave them for a minute. There is not one healthy aspect to these drinks. The five new drinks Starbucks is testing are: Cocoa, Cocoa Espresso, Hazelnut Cocoa Espresso, Spicy Cocoa and Double Dark Cocoa.

In the spirit of investigative blogging, I have decided to make my way to the Starbucks inside Chicago's Merchandise Mart in the next couple of days to try one of these heart-stopping drinks. This is not something I would ever buy for enjoyment. This will be a purely investigative purchase for you, dear reader.

So, my question for you is which one of these drinks should I try when I venture into the den of overroasted caffeination? I plan to make my way over to the Merchandise Mart on Monday or Tuesday morning to take part in this exercise in absurdity, but I'm leaving it up to my readers which variety I should partake in.

So, folks, what'll it be?

-Cocoa (A slightly less chocolatey version of Chantico at a very slightly lower price point)
-Cocoa espresso (The new lighter cocoa + espresso)
-Hazelnut cocoa espresso (As above, plus hazelnut)
-Spicy cocoa (The new cocoa + some unidentified spiciness)
-Double dark cocoa (née Chantico)

Leave me a comment on this post, or e-mail me at consumatron(at)consumatron(dot)com with your vote.

(via Starbucksgossip.com)

Image via Jenguin's Flickr Photostream.

7 Comments:

Blogger dejamo said...

Spicy cocoa, of course!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Double dark cocoa - gotta go with the dark chocolate.

The Chantico failure was pretty spectacular. I'm not sorry to see it go.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cocoa espresso. What is point of going into the belly of the beast if you don't sample the true heart of darkness.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spicy cocoa!

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double Dark Cocoa.

Ha. Ha.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say hazelnut.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vote hazelnut...sounds the least painful for you.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home