Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, February 20, 2006

2-for-1 pack of Parliament Light Cigarettes

Item Purchased: 2-for-1 pack of Parliament Light Cigarettes
Location Purchased: 7-Eleven / 1350 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $6.35 + tax

Review: The thing about being an addict is that sometimes you don't do your research. After giving away nearly half of my pack of Marshall McGearty cigarettes yesterday, I had to replenish by the time I got into work today. I walked down to 7-Eleven to get a bag of Drum Rolling tobacco only to find that they were sold out. So, I did what any thrifty niccotine addicted young man would do. I checked for deals. It just so happens that 7-Eleven had Parliament Lights at two packs for the price of one. Parliaments, with their recessed filter (did you know that people used to use them in the eighties to keep cocaine in? A bump and a smoke.), are not the worst cigarette, but they are also not very high on my list of preferred smokes. The flavor reminds me of grass clippings mixed with copper. And did I mention that they are lights? Light cigarettes only make me smoke more often and don't satisfy me adequately. To top it off, Parliaments are a product of the Phillip Morris company. Phillip Morris is one of those companies, like Wal-Mart, that I try my damndest not to give any of my money to. It is bad enough that I give R.J. Reynolds so much of my money, let alone spend my paltry income on cigarettes at all. Today I fed one of the most evil of evil corporations with the largest investment in influencing lawmakers in Washington D.C. for their own profitable means. I know it seems ridiculous, but even when I am funding one of the most harmful legal substances, I like to keep my ethics as in-check as I can.

Rating: 2 / 5

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you please post a picture of Michaelia?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Now that's just creepy. There are other websites for that.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home