Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, January 23, 2006

Spanish Breakfast Burrito from Kristoffer's Cafe

Item Purchased: Spanish Breakfast Burrito from Kristoffer's Cafe
Location Purchased: Kristoffer's Cafe / 1733 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $4.00 + tax

Review: Ahhhh! Another bleary-eyed, but relaxing breakfast at Kristoffer's Cafe. I've been so busy/stressed/lazy lately that I haven't made the time for myself to head down to one of my favorite breakfast spots in Chicago. Finally, though, I got up at the crack of 8:30 today and slowly crawled my way down to Kristoffer's by 10:30.

Kristoffer's Spanish Breakfast Burrito comes plum and stuffed with egg, chorizo sausage, refried beans and cheese. For only $4.00, you get this sizable burrito with some of the best chorizo I've had at a breakfast joint. Unlike most diners' chorizo, it is not greasy or sloppy, but perfectly cooked to a spicy moist. And if the spice from the sausage isn't enough for you, every breakfast burrito from Kristoffer's comes with some of their home-made hot salsa. This stuff is spicy and not too filled with onion flavor like other salsa tends to be. Did I mention it is spicy? It may be my taste buds suffering from the spice, but I swear I also taste a hint of citrus in there somewhere. It is a perfect accompaniment to your burrito...or any egg dish really.

Did I mention, I got a free 12 oz. coffee with my order? Well, I did. Hell yes! $4 for breakfast and coffee? It amazes me that Kristoffer's is not packed with locals every morning. If you are in Chicago, you should help remedy that.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me a while to figure this out, but I've been to this place before. It's nice because you can take the Burlington Northern Metra which stops right at 16th and Halsted. It's just a short walk south from there. The only problem is, the weekend trains don't stop at Halsted. Oh well. Anyway, you've rekindled my interest in getting back there. I *love* chorizo done right.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I walk by that Metra stop on my way to Kristoffers. If you stop in, I'd appreciate it if you let them know you saw them on my site. Carlos and his wife are good people and if I can get more people to frequent their little cafe, I'd be really happy.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home