Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Thursday, January 26, 2006

Medium Mocha Java Blend Coffee from Caribou Coffee

Item Purchased: Medium Mocha Java Blend Coffee from Caribou Coffee
Location Purchased: Caribou Coffee / 1328 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.70 + tax

Review: I'm willing to bet good money that people see this coffee blend and buy it because they think it is going to taste like a cafe mocha: all chocolatey and sweet. Nope! Sorry! The mocha in this coffee actually refers to a port city in Yemen where 17th century European traders bought coffee, bedded natives and otherwise raised a ruckus. 40% of this coffee blend is made up of beans from that region. The rest of the blend comes from coffee beans off of the island of Java (no, it's not just a cute name for a cup of coffee).

This coffee isn't that bad for a dark roast. Low in acidity and a bit heavy on the palette, I can honestly say that I enjoy drinking this blend. My love for Java beans started when I was in high school and used to buy my coffee exclusively from Milwaukee, Wisconsin's Fuel Cafe. As a burgeoning young coffee snob, I used to drive the 20-30 minutes every weekend to get a bag of their house blend, which was made primarily of Java coffee beans. Now, no matter if the roast is light or dark, the earthy taste of Java never fails to put a smile on my face...or at least raise my frowning scowl to a flat expressionless line.

Rating: 3 / 5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuel Cafe! I have ridden the M2M TT 3 of the past four years. Fuel Cafe rocks!

Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home