Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, January 23, 2006

Diamond Of California Chopped Walnuts (8 oz.)

Item Purchased: Diamond Of California Chopped Walnuts (8 oz.)
Location Purchased: Jewel / 1224 S. Wabash Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $3.50 + tax

Review: Technically, I have already reviewed these walnuts. The only difference is that last time I bought Diamond of California walnuts, they were only shelled and not chopped. Different strokes for different recipes. If you'd like to read the full review, why not follow this link?

You may ask why all these ingredients, Kevin? Why spend nearly $35.00 on one dinner dish? Well, the answer is that it saves money. I know, I sound like my mother when she says she saves money by using coupons (despite the fact that she would never buy the couponed item if she didn't have the coupon), but hear me out. I spend nearly $50 during the work week on lunch. Since my girlfriend and I have decided to spend a night a week (if our schedule allows for it) cooking together, this has prompted me to also cook simple dishes in advance for my work week. So, yes, I have to lug a tupperware container with me to work every day, but at least I am not paying nearly $10 for a crappy sandwich from Quiznos four-to-five times a week. I make some pasta, load it with spices and sauce, pack it up in containers and line the fridge with them (it provides a nice visual contrast to the cheap beer lining the bottom shelf anyway).

Want to save some money? Why not try spending one night a week with a friend, family member or loved one where you surprise each other with a home cooked dish and stick to an equally home-cooked (though not quite as fancy) dish for the rest of the work week? If you are not the cooking type(s), go out to a moderate restaurant or even order some delivery or carry out. The shared time and cooking experience will be much more valuable than the 5 sandwiches a week that some guy in a hair net makes for you.

P.S. Last time I cooked with Michaelia, I posted a step by step recipe. If anyone wants me to do that again for this couscous dish, drop me a line, or simply purchase 15-minute Vegetarian Recipes from Amazon.com. That's where I got the idea for this one (page 126 152). I've modified it a bit, but all of the basic ideas are there. It's a great cookbook for the busy vegetarian who doesn't have a lot of time to prepare their favorite foods.

Rating: 3.25 / 5

Buy Diamond Of California Chopped Walnuts from Amazon.com: Consume
Image from Amazon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home