Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Thursday, January 26, 2006

Consumer News and Links for Jan. 26th (Late Edition)

From the Evil Genius department:

I hate to admit it, but Wal-Mart is smarter than I expected. With a new music downloading service popping up every minute and basically mimicing iTunes, Wal-Mart has decided to go a slightly different route in order to hype the crap they sell in their music department. Instead of being able to download artist's albums and songs, Wal-Mart's website is offering free advertising content for select music groups such as videos and song clips. They will also feature exclusive live sessions from artists which you can stream or purchase tracks from for $0.88 each (I'll bet Apple is shaking in their boots at the $0.11 warfare). Disgusting as this advertising tactic is, I have to give Wal-Mart credit for working around the ubiquitous technology and music service choices already in place and coming up with something that doesn't threaten to compete, but rather take further advantage of iPodders with horrible taste in music. (PRNewswire via Engadget)

From the Lazy Sunday department:

I've been busy out of my mind lately, but I promise to make at least two updates to Mediatron this weekend. I've been working on some reviews and review ideas. Stay tuned. Or don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home