Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, January 23, 2006

2 boxes of Near East Couscous Original Plain Mix (10 oz.)

Item Purchased: 2 boxes of Near East Couscous Original Plain Mix (10 oz.)
Location Purchased: Jewel / 1224 S. Wabash Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $2.50 + tax ea.

Review: I have two fundamental questions about couscous. First, if couscous is a pasta, is there a way you can buy it fresh? Second, can someone tell me how one goes about making couscous from scratch? I've only ever seen it dried.

I love couscous. It's like eating mashed potatoes without the mash. Near East packages some fast-cooking, slightly pricey and tasty dried mini pasta balls. I do wish I would get a bit more than 10 oz. after paying 2.50 for a box. I need to find a nice mideastern grocery that sells dried couscous by the pound for cheap. Anyone know of a place?

For now though, Near East brand is my brand of choice. Every time I have previously bought this brand, the couscous has turned out fluffy and light. Add a little butter or salt and you have yourself a meal!

Rating: 3.75 / 5

Buy Near East Couscous from Amazon.com: Consume

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home