Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Small Holiday Blend Coffee from Coffee & Tea Exchange (12 oz.)

Item Purchased: Small Holiday Blend Coffee from Coffee & Tea Exchange (12 oz.)
Location Purchased: Coffee & Tea Exchange / 3311 North Broadway / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.25 + tax

Review: There are two things I miss about living in the Boystown area of Chicago. One is the excellent Melrose Diner which serves the best split-pea soup I've ever encountered and a heavenly breakfast concoction known as the tomato, basil and parmesan omelette. The second is the Coffee & Tea Exchange on Broadway. It is a small coffee shop with only one available seat inside that is usually taken by an employee, but filled with barrels full of coffee beans of all flavors. I used to go to this place every morning just to get a cup of coffee and flirt with the girls behind the counter when I lived around the corner. Most of their coffees are affordable and many of them are fair trade coffees. My favorite is their "special" blend which always seems to have the perfect taste no matter how you brew it. Today, however, I was up in Boystown doing some last minute holiday shopping and I decided to drop in and get a cup of whatever light roast they had brewing.

With a little bit of cream and three packets of sugar, this small cup tasted better than most coffees I usually drink. Surely better than Starbucks or Caribou, it had a light smoky flavor and virtually no acidity to it. Alas, the C&TE has only one consumer location, and if I had to take the train a half hour every morning before drinking my first cup of coffee, I don't think most people I encounter would like me very much.

Rating: 4 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home