Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, December 26, 2005

Small Green Jasmine Tea from Caribou Coffee

Item Purchased: Small Green Jasmine Tea from Caribou Coffee
Location Purchased: Caribou Coffee / 1328 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.35 + tax

Review: I gave my father a bunch of flavored coffees for Christmas. He likes to mix and match and create his own coffee flavor sensations. He's sort of a coffee chemist, if you will. Needless to say, this weekend I drank so much coffee that I can still feel it sloshing around in my stomach.

So today, tea.

Green tea. Anti-oxidants and all that jazz. It still has caffeine and is not as heavy as coffee. On this post-Christmas day it was the perfect thing to imbibe while coming down off of a weekend-long sugar buzz from all of the pastries and cookies I ate.

Caribou uses whole leaf teas, not ground up Liptons fare. Whole leafe usually leads to a fresher taste and Caribou is no exception. The green jasmine has an almost floral taste, but it isn't distracting from the slightly bitter thirst quenching qualities one comes to expect from a good green tea. Despite the holiday leftovers I have been shoveling into my mouth all day, this light and refreshing green tea left me feeling halfway healthy after finishing it.

Rating: 4 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home