Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, December 26, 2005

Last Minute Gourmet Penne With Vodka Sauce

Item Purchased: Last Minute Gourmet Penne With Vodka Sauce
Location Purchased: Jewel / 1224 S. Wabash Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $3.99 + tax

Review: Usually I wouldn't buy a meal that uses the phrase "last minute," but with the holidays here, everything seems to be last minute. My mother shoved several tins of cookies and candies in my bag before I left home this morning, but unfortunately, that is all I currently have in my apartment to eat. Having to prepare for the upcoming New Years party here at Consumatron central, I don't have too much time to cook. So I am reduced to this.

Last Minute Gourmet is a company right here in Chicago that creates all kinds of cellophaned plastic containers full of prepared meals such as this one. They do not freeze any of their products, shipping out to the stores on a daily basis. Sounds great... fresh pasta or meats... all I have to do is pop them in my microwave and enjoy, right? Well... my microwave doesn't work very well so I threw the Penne and crayon-red sauce into a pot and heated it on my mini stove. What I ate was chalky pasta and bland sauce. If this was supposed to be Vodka sauce, something tells me that there is a sauce technician somewhere in the Last Minute Gourmet plant feeling pretty tipsy right now. I should know better than to buy a pre-made pasta dish (it's not as if pasta is all that difficult to make...or gourmet now that I think about it...wtf?), but sometimes exhaustion and convenience get the best of me.

This meal did one thing right. It filled me up and prevented me from eating any more cookies. Unfortunately, that won't make me a repeat customer.

Rating: 1.5 / 5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of the Last Minute Gourmet foods (well, most of them, anyway) and the Penne with Vodka Sauce is one of my favorites. It's hard to find fresh food at the supermarket today that's as convenient as these are.

Try them again and see what you think! The chicken carbonera is another great one!

Monday, June 12, 2006 4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home