Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, December 18, 2005

Holiday Charity for Dec. 18th - National Federation Of The Blind

I've seen it happen several times. There is a blind man crossing the street by himself, tapping his cane while dozens of people stand around and stare in amazement. Conflicted as to whether they should offer to help or let him be in case a helping hand would be a swift kick to his pride. Some of the onlookers look amazed, some look like they are waiting for something to happen and others seem almost scared of someone who can't see. As if not seeing hinders moral judgment in a person or social mores. My blind friends never cease to amaze me. Sometimes I think they are more in tune to the world around us with one sense missing than I am I am with all five in check. When I stop to think of it though, I can't even begin to imagine attuning myself to this world with one less sense. The National Federation of the Blind makes this process easier for blind people by raising awareness, funding braille publications and researching technologies that aid with this disability.


To make a donation, fololow this link.

To view the NAAR's Give.org report, click here.

And remember to let me know if you make a donation. I'll send you some Consumatron.com buttons and enter you into a drawing for one of our sweatshirts. Read this post for more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home