Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Monday, December 19, 2005

Back from a weekend of unanalyzed consumerism!

It has been nearly three months since I have purchased something for myself without reviewing it. It is strange to see how creating this blog has changed my purchasing habits. For the two days that I gave myself the freedom to purchase without writing about it, I was able to see how easy it is to spend money on things I didn't need or necessarily want. For instance, while out doing a little Christmas shopping, I ducked into a Charbucks and bought a coffee. It didn't take me long to realize the error in my ways. Even before they charged me their ridiculous prices, they corrected my ordering nomenclature twice. Apparently, "small" is "tall" and "coffee with a shot of espresso" is a "red eye." Sooooorrrrrrrrrrrry!

Anyway, I'm back and I'm reviewing my purchases again. Already today I've noticed how much keeping this website going has changed my buying habits. I'm no angel, but I tend to check the "Made in" tags on things and stop myself if I feel the urge to step into a Starbucks for coffee. On the flipside, when I am feeling lazy, sometimes I tailor my lunch around things I have already reviewed for the site so I won't have to make the time to write a review later... ehem... I mean so I will have more time to work on Mediatron.

Anyway, thanks for reading. The visits to the site kept up over the weekend even without new content, so I must be doing something right. I hope the stresses of the holiday aren't getting the best of you.

-Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home