Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, November 13, 2005

Large Salted Soft Pretzel from Little Caesars

Item Purchased: Large Salted Soft Pretzel from Little Caesars
Location Purchased: Little Caesars (Inside of the K-Mart) / 1360 N. Ashland Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.79 + tax

Review: We had just ordered a large pizza for $5.00 but I couldn't wait the half hour for it to be done. I needed food immediately! It has been a while since I have eaten a large soft pretzel. I really like getting them from restaurants and carnivals because they heat them under heat lamps. It makes the outside of the pretzel crispy and the inside soft and delicious. Grocery-bought frozen soft pretzels are usually disgusting. Either they come out of the oven too crispy and most of the salt falls off or they come out of the microwave too soggy and the salt melts into the sopping wet dough. I'm not sure how they get those iceberg-sized salt cubes to stick to the pretzels anyway, but it seems that the only way to get them to stay is by blasting the dough twists with a heat lamp.

Little Caesars either needed to get their heat lamp repaired or just forgot to turn it on.

So guess what they did to my pretzel?

That's right! They nuked it!

Soggified.

For just three more dollars I could have gotten another 14" pizza, but I had to fight the hunger and my impatience with a snack. A soggy irradiated snack at that.

At least the salt didn't melt too much. Part of this obviously frozen pretzel even had the crispy consistency of a normal baked pretzel. Oh the inconsistency of microwaved foods!

When will I learn?

Rating: 2 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home