Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Thursday, November 24, 2005

Large Coffee from McDonalds

Item Purchased: Large Coffee from McDonalds
Location Purchased: McDonalds / Union Station Food Emporium / 210 S. Canal St. / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.40 + tax

Review: Not that I give McDonalds much credit in the first place, but why does their coffee always taste like the pots have been used to hold the manager's penny collection. Weak with the hint of metallic flavor, I'm not sure why I even try with that big goofy clown anymore.

I try not to give money to the perpetuation of swill-as-cultural-diet by buying anything at McDonalds (even though I do have a soft spot for their breakfast items...sue me...), but nothing else was open at the train station this morning as I waited for my train to depart for Milwaukee. It was some sort of zen, me with my metallic, heavily creamed and sugared styrofoam cup of coffee and the latest issue of the Economist in my lap. My headphones blasting a Madlib/Quasimoto mix by DJ Troubl. Every so often, I glanced up in slight caffeination and noticed families mouthing the soundless words to their plans for their assault on the poor poor retail employees tomorrow morning.

Watch. Flip. Tap. Sip.

Disappointment. All loss of enlightenment with a cup of coffee from McDonalds.

Rating: 0.75 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home