Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Camel Lights Cigarettes (Hardpack)

Item Purchased: Camel Lights Cigarettes (Hardpack)
Location Purchased: My Roommate
Price: $3.00

Review: On my way out of the apartment, I asked my roommate for a smoke. It is sort of a ritual for me to have my first cigarette of the day while walking to work while drinking a cup of coffee. My roommate obliged with the cigarette, then just as I was about to walk out the door, he asked me if I wanted to buy a pack from him for $3.00. Faced with the option of paying $6.00+ for a pack of my usual brand or bite bullet and smoke Camel lights for one day and save a few bucks, I chose the thrifty route.

Camel Lights are almost a non-cigarette to me. They fulfill my oral fixation throughout the day, but fail to calm the nerves or perpetuate the ritual of rolling a cigarette like my usual cigarette purchases do. Smoking lights is like drinking a lite beer. It's something to do with the hands, but there is no gratification from it. Besides the fact that I was now armed with ammo to take a quick break with my friends at work, I also ended up smoking more than I usually do in a day. It's all an unhealthy, disgusting habit, this smoking, but why cut down to lights if I'm not ready to quit entirely? The way I see it, smoking ten light cigarettes has about the same effect as smoking five regular filtered smokes. Until I quit when I turn thirty, I think I'll stick with the Turkish Royals or American Spirits, thank you very much.

Camel Lights have a smooth, almost non-existent taste to a smoker such as myself. Entirely bad for you like any cigarette, not bad if it's all you have, but I fear the Marlboro man would hogtie me if he saw me smoking these (Macho prick he is). If you smoke at all, for the love of god, quit...you're smart enough to know what you are doing to yourself. Not ready to quit? Well, then I say enjoy your filthy habit for now. And Camel Lights are no way to do that.

Rating: 2 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home