Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Thursday, November 17, 2005

Belated Birthday Card For My Uncle

Item Purchased: Belated Birthday Card For My Uncle (Pleasant Thoughts Cards)
Location Purchased: Jewel-Osco / 1224 S. Wabash Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $1.29 + tax

Review: Okay, so sometimes I am a jerk. I could use the excuse that I misplace my address book (with all of my friends and family's birthdays listed in it) when I rearranged my bedroom. I did lose said address book, but that's still no excuse. I should have called my Mother and asked her my Uncle's birthday. I know it is in November. I just didn't remember it being so early in November. So, now I am 6 days late for my Uncle's birthday with no card. Qualifies me for jerk status.

But that is why they make cute little cards like the one I bought this morning. I don't think my Uncle uses the internet so I think it is safe to describe it on here (I'd scan it, but I need to get this thing sent off ASAP).

On the front of the card is a very guilty looking turtle twiddling his thumb-like appendages (all six of them). Imagine the Hare from the Tortoise and the Hare, waking up and not only realizing that he is going to lose the race, but also that he has been turned into an even slower tortoise. That's about how this guy looks. Befuddled, stupid and cute. Along the top margin it says "Another late birthday card from me..."

On the inside, it seems to be the cute, slightly faster tortoise smiling and saying "Isn't it nice to know there are still some things you can depend on?" followed by typical birthday salutations.

So, I buy a cute card for a dollar and a quarter and my transgressions are forgiven, right? It's that easy in the consumer world, right? sigh I wish my guilt were that easy to assuage.

Cute card, but I'm still a jerk.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home