Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Veggie Focaccia Sandwich from Caribou Coffee


Item Purchased: Veggie Focaccia Sandwich from Caribou Coffee
Location Purchased: Caribou Coffee / 1328 S. Halsted / Chicago, IL
Price: $5.95 + tax

Review: I just couldn't take another 7-11 sandwich or stomach the grease of a polish sausage from Maxwell St. I needed something healthy for lunch today. Something packed with veggies, but not a salad. Something that would fill me up and leave a pleasant taste in my mouth, but not make me feel full.

Who knew that Tofurkey would be the answer?

That's right, I said Tofurkey!

The Veggie Focaccia Sandwich doesn't announce its presence, instead advertising the mozarella and havarti cheeses and sundried tomato pesto that are included as toppings. It actually took me a while to figure out that I was eating a tofu creation when I first tried this sandwich. Finally, I realized that the pesto and dried tomatoes atop the focaccia bread couldn't possibly be enough to categorize this item as "veggie." It was then I realized that bean curd defines this item.

The non-meat is "deli-sliced" and textured to look like a foamy turkey breast. Surprisingly, it tasted fantastic! Along with the bite of the cheeses, the overall taste of the sandwich would be enough to make it a workday staple in my diet if it were not for the price.

At $5.95 with no side to go along with it, I have to relegate Caribou's Vegetable Focaccia Sandwich to special-occasion status.

I do recommend this sandwich if you have the spare cash, though. Just be sure to warm it up a bit before eating, to draw out it's great flavors.

Rating: 4.25 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home