Creative Commons License
All content on this website, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!


Sunday, October 30, 2005

Medum Ginger Peach Tea (Republic of Tea Brand)

Item Purchased: Medum Ginger Peach Tea (Republic of Tea Brand)
Location Purchased: Half & Half / 1560 N. Damen Ave. / Chicago, IL
Price: $2.00

Review: This sore throat has me feeling and acting like a crack addict...Only replace the crack with herbal remedies. Busting into Half & Half, sweaty from my bike ride to Wicker Park, I verbally accosted the nice young man working behind the counter, letting loose a rampage of questions and requests.

"Do you have lemon ginger tea? No? Well, how about any tea with ginger in it? Oh, there is some Ginger Peach. I'll take a ginger peach tea please. Maybe that'll help with this sore throat I have. Thanks!"

Or maybe if I shut up and stop blathering to strangers about my personal ailments and give my vocal cords a rest then this sore throat will go away.

The hot tea was soothing to my tender throat, but I think that is only because it was hot and not because it was ginger or peach. I don't really enjoy fruit flavored teas outside of lemon, and the peach flavor of this one was especially strong and noticeable. The few sips I took while waiting for a friend to meet me for dinner soothed my throat long enough to make our short bike ride to Lula Cafe a painless one though.

I do enjoy Republic of Tea teas, but next time I will stick with their green tea instead of reaching for anything with ginger in the title.

Rating: 2.5 / 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home